• Pol Roger Cuvee De Reserve Brut Champagne (White Foil)

Aromas of toast,  brioche and savory apple sauce.  The palate has more apple, light cream, an elegant body with mild acidity.  This has equal parts of the 3 grapes and is 60% estate grown, with the other 40% from long contracts. Tasted 8/15/2018. D&M Tasting Notes

An elegant Champagne, with a smoky, minerally underpinning and subtle flavors of poached pear, toast, candied lemon zest and ginger riding the finely detailed bead. Harmonious, and hard to stop sipping. Drink now through 2020. 92 Points Wine Spectator, October 2016

Pol Roger, one of a few luxury Champagne firms still family-owned, was established in Epernay in 1849. Pol Roger owns 200 acres of vineyards, which provide about 45% of their needs. Pol Roger's cellars extend over four miles of winding chalk passageways on two levels. The second or deeper cellar maintains a constant 9.5º C (50º F), one degree lower than the first level and most others in the region. This lower temperature slows the second fermentation, encouraging a finer mousse or bubbles. Pol Roger Champagne also spends two to three times the allowable minimum in the cellar before disgorgement, or about three years for the non-vintage and up to seven for the luxury cuvées. The long, slow maturation contributes greatly to the complex aromas, which distinguish these superb Champagnes.

The Brut Non Vintage blend is traditionally composed from about 30 to 35 still base wines, drawn from different vineyard sites, grape varieties and vintage years. It usually contains wines of at least two vintages, often three or four. Reserve wines compose between 20-30% of the traditional blend. The Brut NV is never sold until the youngest component is at least three years old, which gives it more character and body. Champagne House Notes



 

Pol Roger Cuvee De Reserve Brut Champagne (White Foil)

  • Brand: Pol Roger
  • Availability: In Stock
  • Quantity Available: 18
  • SKU #: 821026
  • $49.99


Related Products

Pol Roger 2008 Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill Brut Champagne

Pol Roger 2008 Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill Brut Champagne

Released in October of last year, Pol Roger's 2008 Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill is showing brilliantl..

$299.99