Duffau Hors d'Age is a minimum of 12 years. This is mellow with red fruits, caramel, wood spice and a nice nutty finish. D&M Tasting Notes
Very aromatic. Rich flavors of toffee, old oak, plum and raisins: elegant rancio and long round finish. 40% alcohol.
Rated as one of the Top Ten benchmarks of all Armagnac produced today in April 2007 Wine Enthusiast.
The great success of Marie Duffau Armagnac is owed in part to :
- Use of high quality fruit harvested from the best soils of the Bas Armagnac.
- No use of pesticides or fertilizers
- A smart use of the grape varieties: 70% Ugni blanc (for a good foundation), 20% Baco (gives roundness), 5% Colombard (herbal aromas) and 5% Folle Blanche (floral notes). The Delords grow their Colombard, Ugni Blanc, Baco and Folle Blanche.
- A particularly slow single distillation process.
- A distillation at low temperature (around 54-58 degrees), which enables more flavors, fatty acids and character to remain in the spirit.
- distillation in small batches
- Aging in 10% Gascon oak to give good tannins, darker color and beautiful spices - the remainder is in Limousin oak (giving a more fruity style).
Marie Duffau Hors d'Age Bas Armagnac
- Brand: Marie Duffau
- Availability: In Stock
- Quantity Available: 5
- SKU #: 3100