• L. Aubry Fils 2008 Le Nombre D'Or Sable  Brut Champagne

Blanc de Blancs. The final blend of this Grower Champagne is true “blanc de blancs” is 30% Petit Meslier, 20% Arbanne, 20% Pinot Blanc (Fromenteau) and finally with a return to the norm, 30% Chardonnay which was vinified in barrel. The wine is quite steely with a light dosage of only 2.6 grams per liter. The nose of this blanc de blancs show an intense rye bread with yeast, apple, lychee. The palate is quite focused with ample acidity, a clean and vibrant mouthfeel, a touch of oak on the palate with apple skins, almonds and yeast. D&M Tasting Notes

The L. Aubry Fils estate encompasses 17 hectares in the Premier Cru villages of Jouy, Pargny and Villedommange, which are all Premier Cru located in the Montagne de Reims. At the helm are identical twin brothers Philippe and Pierre Aubry, with their brother-in-law Noel Poret. They have been giving expression to Champagne’s less heralded varietals: Arbanne, Petit Meslier and Fromenteau. Arbanne, according to the brothers, gives flavors of lemon, litchi, cloves and hay. The Petit Meslier shows more musk, peppermint, and exotic apples.

Philippe Aubry works with his brother Pierre and brother-in-law Noël Poret and has been trying to give expression to Champagne's indigenous varieties such as Arbanne and Petit Meslier, as well as Pinot Gris (the local name is Fromenteau) and Pinot Blanc.

“One of the most original estates in Champagne, Aubry Fils is located in the village of Jouy-lès-Reims, in the western sector of the Montagne de Reims. Of the estate’s 15 hectares of vines, 12 lie in Jouy and the nearby villages of Pargny-lès-Reims, Villedommange and Coulommes-la-Montagne, all of which are classified as premier cru; the other three hectares are located elsewhere and are sold off to the négoce. 


 

 

L. Aubry Fils 2008 Le Nombre D'Or Sable Brut Champagne

  • Brand: Aubry Champagne
  • Availability: In Stock
  • Quantity Available: 17
  • SKU #: 6958
  • $74.99


Related Products

Philippe Glavier La Grace D'Alphael Extra Brut Champagne

Philippe Glavier La Grace D'Alphael Extra Brut Champagne

Grand Cru Blanc de Blanc. This "Grower Champagne" the La Grace d’Alphael Extra Brut NV is made up ..

$62.99

Vincent Renoir Cuvee 72 Extra Brut Champagne

Vincent Renoir Cuvee 72 Extra Brut Champagne

This cuvee is made up of 70% 2009 with the remaining 30% coming from 2007 and 2008. It was bottled..

$52.99

Louis Nicaise Brut Reserve Champagne

Louis Nicaise Brut Reserve Champagne

Premier Cru. Grower Champagne. This bottle we have for you is their Louis Nicaise 1er Cru Brut Reser..

$42.99